Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Origins of StudyTag

StudyTag developed out of a practical need. For health reasons my wife and I found ourselves home schooling our twelve year old daughter and as a part of our home school curriculum my daughter and I were reading a series of books and biographies on US history. For each chapter we read we would both write a series of facts we thought we should know after reading that chapter. She would quiz me on her facts and I would quiz her on mine. It was always interesting to see what the other thought was a fact worthy of remembering. After a while we had developed quite a large collection of facts and it became a bit of a problem reviewing old material, it was also taking too much time.

Being a Computer Engineer I thought it would be great to have a computer system where both my daughter and I could write and share the facts we had learned.

I didn’t find anything already out there that did what I wanted it to do at a price I as a parent wanted to pay - free being the preferred price. Since I couldn't find it, I decided to build it. Welcome to StudyTag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home