Saturday, August 19, 2006

All Presidents Progress Report

I find myself interested in the relationship of speed and accuracy. How fast can I answer all of the 128 presidents questions and still retain a great score? Is it beneficial to learn to do the presidents faster and faster? How does it affect long term memory when I learn to answer the questions fast?

On of my goals for StudyTag is to provide authors with real facts and data on how people actually learn. By reviewing StudyTag data over time we hope to continually improve how StudyTag operates and the learning experience. I suspect we will discover many different learning styles and StudyTag will ultimately change how it presents information to each member based on a style that works best for that member - talk about custom education!

For a simple experiment I took the All Presidents Final again today (128 questions), trying to beat my previous best time for 128 questions. My results:

Test Score
Percent Correct: 98%
Time: 12:33
No. of Questions: 126 of 128
Points Just Earned: 6,659
Points This Lesson: 80,612

I shaved another two minutes off of my time (improving my speed a little over 13% again) and was able to keep my accuracy score at 98%. Interestingly enough I got two different questions wrong from yesterday, both of which I'm sure I would have answered correctly if I was going slower! Clearly going faster pushes the brain in different ways. I wonder how many more minutes I can shave off my time while still keeping a solid score. Eventually I should be limited by how fast I can type.

I believe one common mistake students make in studying for tests is they stop studying after they can get the correct answers once. I suspect my data will show that they will greatly benefit by continuing to practice until they can get the correct answers fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home